Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK Wifi Loss Connection, LAN Works, 1 Wifi Cam Works - Ideas why?

RcBay
Aspirant

RBK Wifi Loss Connection, LAN Works, 1 Wifi Cam Works - Ideas why?

I have a RBK752 kit (RBR750 Router + 2 Satellites)

I noticed my phone wouldn’t show my Ethernet connected receiver that’s connected to the garage Orbi satellite. I went inside and noticed my phone couldn’t get on wifi at all.

Orbi App shows ‘online’ but my phone, computer, Ethernet connected TV and lots of wifi devices cannot get on. Oddly a wifi camera in my baby’s room still works and my ring alarm that’s Ethernet connected works.

Firmware is v4.6.5.14.

Modem is cm500 modem only. Works.

What do I do? I’ve unplugged my modem. Unplugged router. Waited minutes, Plugged modem back in and plugged router back in. Did this several times and no luck.

Next step I guess is a hard reset but I’m afraid that will cause issues with my connected devices. I guess as long as a I keep network and password the same it should it should be fine.

Thought about buying a new modem but not sure that’s the problem.
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK Wifi Loss Connection, LAN Works, 1 Wifi Cam Works - Ideas why?

@RcBay wrote:
I have a RBK752 kit (RBR750 Router + 2 Satellites)

I noticed my phone wouldn’t show my Ethernet connected receiver that’s connected to the garage Orbi satellite. I went inside and noticed my phone couldn’t get on wifi at all.
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Orbi App shows ‘online’ but my phone, computer, Ethernet connected TV and lots of wifi devices cannot get on. Oddly a wifi camera in my baby’s room still works and my ring alarm that’s Ethernet connected works.

Firmware is v4.6.5.14.

Modem is cm500 modem only. Works.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
Turned off AX for 2.4
CTS set to 2347

What do I do? I’ve unplugged my modem. Unplugged router. Waited minutes, Plugged modem back in and plugged router back in. Did this several times and no luck.

Next step I guess is a hard reset but I’m afraid that will cause issues with my connected devices. I guess as long as a I keep network and password the same it should it should be fine. Please try a full reset and setup from scratch. You can use same SSID name and PW on the RBR. 

Message 2 of 8
RcBay
Aspirant

“What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Turned off AX for 2.4
CTS set to 2347”

Everything is stock settings wise and have been working fine for 8 months.

I also don’t know how to make those changes you listed above. The Orbi App doesn’t seem to allow for those kind of changes and I can’t or at least don’t know to log into the router since the WIFI connection is down.

I tried one of the Ethernet cables and that didn’t connect me.

I also can’t turn 2.4ghz off as I need that for a wifi door lock.
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

@RcBay wrote:
“What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Turned off AX for 2.4
CTS set to 2347”

Everything is stock settings wise and have been working fine for 8 months.

I also don’t know how to make those changes you listed above. The Orbi App doesn’t seem to allow for those kind of changes and I can’t or at least don’t know to log into the router since the WIFI connection is down.
You have to make those changed on the RBRs web page using a PC or laptop and a web browser. 

I tried one of the Ethernet cables and that didn’t connect me.

I also can’t turn 2.4ghz off as I need that for a wifi door lock. Turning OFF AX mode for 2.4Ghz is only disabling this mode. Does NOT turn OFF 2.4Ghz radio. 

You might try a full factory reset and setup from scratch. 
Message 4 of 8
RcBay
Aspirant

Technically solved.

I factory reset and RBR router and 1 satellite is working. I kept my ssid and pw the same so all my connected devices are good.

I’m gong to create a new topic regarding setting up a satellite that can’t be found.
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 8
RcBay
Aspirant

Spoke too soon. Wifi has been dropping and my computer and phone now cannot connect.

I’m over it and going with Eero Pro 6. It arrives Tuesday.

Once baby naps I’m gonna factory reset my Orbi and hope wifi etc works well until Tuesday, I won’t worry about getting my 2 satellites working, maybe just one. Positive is the Ethernet works so my alarm and tv works.
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7