Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS350 — Orbi AX1800 WiFi 6 Dual-band Mesh Add-on Satellite

Kaiviti
Aspirant

RBS350 — Orbi AX1800 WiFi 6 Dual-band Mesh Add-on Satellite

I've connected the Orbi AX1800 (RBS350) add on satellite with a ethernet cable to the Orbi AX1800 (RBR350) router to create a backhaul connection which works on a single SSID,

but its showing up on the attached devices and not as a satellite on the app or the router admin login.

Just wondering if that's it should be or only on the wireless connection it will show up as a satellite?

And just wanted to know if I will face any problems with this network setup?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS350 — Orbi AX1800 WiFi 6 Dual-band Mesh Add-on Satellite

Yes. Bring the RBS to same room or near the RBR and wirelessly sync the RBS using the sync buttons in back or the RBRs web page/Add Satellite wizard. Once fully wireless synced, ethernet connect it to make sure it connectes wired to the RBR. Both wireless and ethernet should show GOOD status and wireless should show 5Ghz for the connection and Wired for the ethernet connection. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

How is the RBS connected to the RBR? Directly in back of the RBR or is there a LAN switch in between them? 

What CAT# LAN cable is being used to connect them together? CAT6 UTP is recommended. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy... 📡 ‌‌🛰

Message 2 of 5
Kaiviti
Aspirant

The RBS is connected directly to the back of the RBR using CAT 6 UTP with no LAN Switch inbetween
I've updated the firmware on both the RBR and RBS as shown on this link
https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-Satellite
Should the RBS sync as a satellite when i connect it to the RBR through a cable out of the box or should I sync it wirelessly first
because I wasn't able to sync wirelessly to thats why used a cable.
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. Bring the RBS to same room or near the RBR and wirelessly sync the RBS using the sync buttons in back or the RBRs web page/Add Satellite wizard. Once fully wireless synced, ethernet connect it to make sure it connectes wired to the RBR. Both wireless and ethernet should show GOOD status and wireless should show 5Ghz for the connection and Wired for the ethernet connection. 

Message 4 of 5
Kaiviti
Aspirant

I've placed the RBS in the same room as the RBR and tried syncing it wirelessly through the app and web page/Add satellite wizard but it still doesn't detect the RBS which i tried in the place then using a wired connection which works as a mesh network when i move around my house and my phone connects automatically to the RBR and RBS at different areas which I can see in the Wifi analytics-Network status on the orbi app.
Just wanted to know if its okay like that if the RBS is showing in connected devices and not on the connected satellites.
The devices connected to the RBS is all showing up on the RBR web page/connected devices and the devices connected to the RBR is also showing up in the RBS web page/connected devices as if like all my devices are connected to a single access point is that okay for my wifi mesh network or should i try syncing it wirelessly so that the RBS shows up on the connected satellites Web page/attached devices.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7