Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router must be reset daily.

thnet
Follower

Router must be reset daily.

The model is RBKE963 AXE11000. I have a passthrough set up on my modem to use this as the router for my house. The speed is great for 24 hours after turning on. The next day all devices can still connect, but the max speed is aroun 10-50 Mbs (I have gigabit and get ~960 Mbs normally). I can see the speed that the Orbi router is still getting about 960 Mbs, but not passing that to connected devices. This is immediately fixed by rebooting the router. I find this highly annyoing to have to do everyday. I called Netgear support and they offered to fix it for $150 even though I just bought this new product 2 weeks ago.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

A couple things. 

1. support is free for the first 90 days. But most people google for supports number. And its scam sites. Netgear doesn't publish the number. To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top. Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

2. I've seen many a device that's "ip passthrough" isn't functioning properly. Have you tried putting your gateway in router mode (disable its wifi) and put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What devices are you speed testing with? Wired or Wireless? Both?

@thnet wrote:

The model is RBKE963 AXE11000. I have a passthrough set up on my modem to use this as the router for my house. The speed is great for 24 hours after turning on. The next day all devices can still connect, but the max speed is aroun 10-50 Mbs (I have gigabit and get ~960 Mbs normally). I can see the speed that the Orbi router is still getting about 960 Mbs, but not passing that to connected devices. This is immediately fixed by rebooting the router. I find this highly annyoing to have to do everyday. I called Netgear support and they offered to fix it for $150 even though I just bought this new product 2 weeks ago.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

There is new FW available to try:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBKE9-Series-RBRE960-RBSE960-Fir...

@thnet wrote:

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7