× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Satelite won't connect to router - SXS80

scaper
Follower

Satelite won't connect to router - SXS80

I've recently moved location and in resetting up my wifi system I've found one of my satellites won't sync to the router and join the network. I've tried syncing via wireless and ethernet cable but the router wont pick up the satellite.  The other satellites are working perfectly. I've reset it to factory settings but still no success. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 2
RennaD
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Satelite won't connect to router - SXS80

Hi @scaper,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community! 🙂

Can you try to turn off the satellite, connect it to the LAN port of the router then power it back up? With wired backhaul the satellite should automatically sync to the router without pressing the sync button. Then check if the satellite show up in the attached devices. If it does show up ensure that the router and satellite firmware are updated.

Once done and you want to use wireless backhaul please do the following:

***If satellite is part of the kit:
1. place the router and satellite in the same room
2. make sure that the ethernet cable between the router and satellite is disconnected
3. connect the satellite to a power source
4. since it's part of a kit the satellite should automatically find the router's WiFi signal and attempts to sync

***If the satellite is an add-on:  
1. place the router and satellite in the same room
2. make sure that the ethernet cable between the router and satellite is disconnected
3. connect the satellite to a power source
4. wait about two minutes for the satellite bar LED to light solid white
5. press the Sync button on the back of the satellite and within two minutes, press the Sync button on the back of your Orbi WiFi 6 router.

If it is still not detected for either wired or wireless backhaul, I suggest to backup the config and do a factory reset for both router and satellites.  

Have a lovely day,
RennaD
NETGEAR Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements