Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Using An Orbi RBK 852 With Hikvision CCTV

Mikey94025
Hero

Those stats seems to indicate that there is not a problem with speeds from your satellite so I can't see what could be wrong either.  For testing purposes, how about using your powerline thing to connect your NVR in the loft to the satellite in your study?

• If things work well, then that points to a suspect ethernet cable connecting from the NVR.
  • If it does not and things were working well when the powerline connected the NVR to the router, then that indicates something between the satellite and the router.
Message 26 of 33
mafia2303
Aspirant

Is this worth doing?- my satellite in my study is on a desk which is about 6 inches away from where the extender would have to be plugged in!

Dont understand how the ethernet cable can be suspect when it is the same one used when using the powerline thing and that works ok.

I also cant see how there can be an issue between the satellite and router since of my 24 devices connected to the wi-fi, 9 are connected to the satellite and with the exception of the CCTV we are discussing no devices have issues.

I think I might take the Orbi back to the retailer and get a replacement, which may or may not resolve the issue.

As a matter of interest, I bought the Orbi from John Lewis with a one year guarantee in October 2021 but when I tried contacting Netgear, they said that I only get 30 days warranty/support and that anything else would be chargeable- I am going to take this up with John Lewis.

Message 27 of 33
plemans
Guru

Have you tried updating the firmware to the version I linked to? 

Its worth a shot, especially if you're thinking of returning it. 

Message 28 of 33
mafia2303
Aspirant

Not yet updated the software yet- based on the comments so far there are still some bugs with it so I dont want to update with it and find other issues

Message 29 of 33
plemans
Guru

So you'd rather return it than try a potentially better firmware? 

Its not hard to try the new firmware or even downgrade back if you don't like it or it causes issues. 

Message 30 of 33
Mikey94025
Hero

@mafia2303 wrote:

Is this worth doing?- my satellite in my study is on a desk which is about 6 inches away from where the extender would have to be plugged in!

It was just a test to bring in the Orbi Satellite->Router wireless connection and see if it still fixes the issue.

Message 31 of 33
mafia2303
Aspirant

Ok thank you, have done this but no difference

Message 32 of 33
mafia2303
Aspirant

No, thats not the reason - I dont want to install the new firmware and make things worse when everything else but my CCTV is working ok and I would rather wait until Netgear officially launch it and (hopefully) it will be properly tested with no bugs

Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7