Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rbs50yv2 connect to rbr750?

Mkmtnz12
Follower

rbs50yv2 connect to rbr750?

will I be able to connect my outdoor orbi to my 750 system? if so, how do I reset the outdoor orbi and how can I connect it?

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: rbs50yv2 connect to rbr750?

Yes, the RBS50Yv2 will connect to the RBR750, the same way it will connect to any WiFi system from any manufacturer: Extender Mode.  Page two of the Installation Manual shows how to change the mode from satellite to extender:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBS50Y/RBS50Y_QSG_EN.pdf 

Please note that the essential difference between "Orbi satellite" and "WiFi Extender" is that devices can roam seamlessly between units in an Orbi mesh system.  This is of no importance to devices that are not mobile, but phones, tablets, laptops, etc will be affected.  The symptoms may be that WiFi performance will slowly degrade as the device gets farther from strong WiFi coverage. The solution is to disconnect from WiFi and then connect again. (takes only seconds).

"Honey. The WiFi is terrible!"  "Did you walk outside?  or come back inside?  Need to disconnect from WiFi and reconnect."

This is what people experienced in the days before mesh WiFi. (and the primary reason mesh WiFi was invented.)

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7