Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Boosting the signal from RBS50Y Orbi Wifi Extender Antenna

Geo04084
Follower

Boosting the signal from RBS50Y Orbi Wifi Extender Antenna

Hey, I hope someone can help a non-technical person here. I have an Orbi RBR20 router and two satellites (RBS20) in  my house. Like everyone else I am mostly workig from home. I am working out of a detached garage/barn-ish structure about 35 feet or so from the house. I have a satellite in my house in a window which is line of sight with an RBS50Y external satellite extender hanging above the door to the outbuilding. The signal from the Extender antenna is pretty good at the front of the building. My office is at the very back of the outbuilding. I am looking for something that will boost/extend/strengthen the signal inside the outbuilding so I have a strong and consistent signal at my desk. Is there an extender or booster device compatible with the Orbi system I can install in the room? HELP! I have been on with 4 different support people and for various reasons am not getting anywhere.

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Boosting the signal from RBS50Y Orbi Wifi Extender Antenna

@Geo04084 wrote:

Is there an extender or booster device compatible with the Orbi system I can install in the room?

The key is how much worse the signal is at the office location than in other parts of the building.

It would be useful to know what has to be connected at the office.  Are these devices 'wired' or 'WiFi'?

Is it important to be able to "roam" between the main house and office?

It would also be useful to know what is "between" the RBS50Y and the office. Any metal walls? What is the distance? How difficult would it be to run an ethernet cable through the out building?

Orbi systems are compatible with any brand of "WiFi Extender", such as the Netgear EX3700

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7