Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cable service at 200mps but LANs out of Orbi WiFi 6 router max 95 MPs?

MikeG1961
Aspirant

Cable service at 200mps but LANs out of Orbi WiFi 6 router max 95 MPs?

just got my Orbi WiFi 6 ultra performance WiFi router.  My service is a 200 mps spectrum cable modem.   I did a speed test on the Orbi app and it is showing above 220 mps.    I have my laptop wired to one of the router's LAN ports and my moca wired to a lan port.   Running the speed check on my laptop the best it is getting is 95 mps?   Any suggestions on what is wrong and how to fix?

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cable service at 200mps but LANs out of Orbi WiFi 6 router max 95 MPs?

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Indeed there is a community forum devoted entirely to the new AX Orbi models, where users are more likely to be familiar with the product and have suggestions to offer.

You might take a minute to disconnect the Orbi router from the cable modem, connect the laptop directly to the cable modem, and run the SpeedTest web site (or Fast.com).  I have the older WiFi 5 Orbi with 200mbs Spectrum service, and my desktop computer regularly reports over 230mbs on speedtest.net and fast.com.  But that's sort of the problem: I have a different Orbi and different computer, so my experience may not be relevant.

Message 3 of 5
speakercpu
Aspirant

I have the same problem with an OrbiRBR50, I just posted a msg there.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post in your already started thread here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-internet-speed-lower-on-lan-ports/m-p/1937727#M96459

Thank you. 

@speakercpu wrote:

I have the same problem with an OrbiRBR50, I just posted a msg there.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7