Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't connect to Orbi's network

nightfat73
Aspirant

Can't connect to Orbi's network

Just got Orbi AC2200 triband system. Tried to log in into both orbilogin.net and .com and get an error message of "You are not connected to your Orbi's WiFi network. To access orbilogin.com, your device must be connected to your Orbi's WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again."  Modem is a Netgear AC1750 WiFi Cable Modem Router.  The router is turned off.  I have completed the suggested steps for unsuccessful login multiple times.  The router's default IP addresses to do not work. All the lights are blue. 

Message 1 of 7
st_shaw
Master

Are you able to connect to the Orbi's WIFI before trying to log in?

Did you try connecting with a cable to an Ethernet port on the router and then connecting to the Orbi's default IP?

Message 2 of 7
nightfat73
Aspirant

Yes for both.

Message 3 of 7
st_shaw
Master

OK.

Technically, not being able to connect to "orbilogin.com" means the Orbi is not the name server for your computer. This can happen if Orbi is in access point mode and another router is runnning, or if you computer is not geeting assigned an IP address via DHCP from the Orbi.

When you connect to Orbi, either WIFI or wired, are you able to reach the Internet OK?

Are you running Orbi in router mode (default) or access point mode?

Can you wire a Windows computer to one of the Ethernet ports on the Orbi router (not the yellow Internet port), run the "ipconfig /all" command, then post the Ethernet adapter section of the output? This will list your IP address, DNS server, gateway, etc.

Message 4 of 7
Rfrymire
Aspirant

I have an orbi pair in access mode and this morning the primary stopped responding to pings, though it still seems to be connected to all wifi devices. I am currently traveling and unable to do a power-off reset. Is there any other way to reset a device when it is in Access Point mode?

Message 5 of 7
st_shaw
Master

You can reboot the router via the GUI. Maybe you could issue a reboot command via telnet.  Each would require access to the router via http though.

Message 6 of 7
Rfrymire
Aspirant

I can't get to the GUI when it is in this state. I imagine, it will have to wait until my travel is complete. It is interesting that all the devices connected to it are working just fine.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7