Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How do I revert back to ROUTER mode from Access Point mode? RBR50v2

AmyK
Follower

How do I revert back to ROUTER mode from Access Point mode? RBR50v2

Hi.

I'm being told by my ISP that the ORBI router (w/2 satellites) is currently set to AP mode and that it should be in Router mode.  I am not sure how to make this change. My phone app is not working - I can't get it to admin mode.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I'm so frustrated.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Find the IP address that is given to the RBR and use that IP address to log into the RBRs web page and then change the AP mode setting back to router mode. 

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

First, I am amazed that an ISP can have any idea what mode a customer's WiFi system is in.  From the post, it does not appear that you know how to change the  operating mode. Router is the default mode. So, unless you changed it, than that is what it should be.

Second, @FURRYe38 is correct. The Orbi 'app' is not capable of changing the Orbi mode setting.  That can be done only using the web interface by navigating to the Advanced Tab, Advanced Settings (bottom menu item), Router/AP Mode menu.

Message 3 of 4

@AmyK wrote:

Hi.

I'm being told by my ISP that the ORBI router (w/2 satellites) is currently set to AP mode and that it should be in Router mode. 

I'm with @CrimpOn . That suggestion doesn't make much sense.

Can you describe what problem you are trying to fix?

Tech support at most ISPs is notoriously ill informed and loves to point the finger at third party devices.

Start with describing the problem at tour end, not with the ISP's probably misguided solution.

One reason why people put an Orbi into AP mode is that ISPs sometimes provide a modem/router to connect to the ISP. That can complicate matters:

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

When trying to sort out problems, we start with one standard question. What is the make and model of the modem/gateway that connects you to the Internet?

When we know that we can advise on fixing whatever problem prompted the ISP to give this advice.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7