Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: If you're having issues with your ORBI, RETURN IT WHILE YOU CAN

daDozer
Tutor

If you're having issues with your ORBI, RETURN IT WHILE YOU CAN

Trust me, return it. Scanning this forum for solutions won't help. Save your time and money and return it now. You can read posts I've been involved in, and I'm done with the orbi system. Thanks for anyone that tried to help, but you failed. This sytem sucks, and the repeated problems with every firmware update is just ridiculous.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

No everyone has the same problems you may have experienced. There some some users that have had good experiences with Orbi. Some users just need alittle help. I agree there shouldn't be problems seen after a FW update. Some do see problem and these are mostly resolved by reset and setup from scratch or mabye reverting back to last working FW version. Others don't seem to seen problems after the FW update. Seems a mixed bag. The forum is here for trying to help everyone as best as they can. It's not a failure for trying to help out. There is a level of incompetency as well that we have to deal with as well. Users that have helped and exhausted all trouble shooting steps, are enouraged to contact NG support and seek further help and information. Which you were suggested doing:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/400-Bad-request-after-update-2-3-5-32/m-p/1889587#M87867

This is all we can do here in the forums. If your not happy with the Orbi system, then take it back, sell it and find something that works for you. 

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 4
daDozer
Tutor

I did contact support as you suggested, with no success. I was told the same, downgrade firmware, fresh setup. I've tried about 20 different firmwares with no success. Once I told support this, seems there's no other solution. I've exhausted everything you guys have suggested, so yes you can say that I am unhappy, I will be getting a new system but I will also try to save anyone else the time and heartache this product has caused myself, and my family. With everything that needs a reliable connection nowadays such as security cameras, doorbells, etc. it is unacceptable for Netgear to treat their customers this way.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you ask about an RMA? 

Again not everyone has the same problems as you do. Sometimes problems are hardware related and can't be solved by FW upgrades or downgrades. So this is something that needs to be addressed by NG and RMA. 

Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone does. 

Hope you find something that works for you. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7