× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is the porweradapter for ORBI RBS50Y OUTDOOR weather resistant?

BarkA
Follower

Is the porweradapter for ORBI RBS50Y OUTDOOR weather resistant?

Can anyone confirm the Orbi RBD50Y power adapter to be weather resistant. I use an outdour power outlet. Power adapter is in the open.

I suppose yes but as I just installed the outdoor satelite and power adapter outdoors I want to make sure?

Kind regards,

BarkA

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

Re: Is the porweradapter for ORBI RBS50Y OUTDOOR weather resistant?

Yes, the power supply included with the RBS50Y is a special wall mounted power supply that should also have IP66 rated weather resistance.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

Yes, the power supply included with the RBS50Y is a special wall mounted power supply that should also have IP66 rated weather resistance.

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

The RBS50Y Installation Instructions indicate the power supply appears to be a square box with separate cored for the electrical supply and the satellite and is to be mounted to a wall or similar surface.  It certainly appears to be outdoor rated.  Note that in the US, the current electrical code requires outdoor electrical outlets to be "weather rated", instead of the "flaps" that were common for decades.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBS50Y/RBS50Y_QSG_EN.pdf 

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Geez.  The RBS50Y User Manual clearly shows a picture of a typical Orbi power supply, which would never fit into a modern outdoor power cover (on page 5): http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBS50Y/RBS50Y_UM_EN.pdf The text says, "Varies by region", which is typical of all Orbi products.

So, which is right, the Intallation Guide or the User Manual?  I agree that it certainly should be outdoor rated.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7