× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBR50 CONNECTED TO FIOS ROUTER: DEVICE MANAGER LISTS BUT DOES NOT ALLOW BLOCKING OF CONNECTED

JohnEndopax
Follower

ORBI RBR50 CONNECTED TO FIOS ROUTER: DEVICE MANAGER LISTS BUT DOES NOT ALLOW BLOCKING OF CONNECTED

Hi,

I have an orbi RBR50 router--FW V2.5.1.16--in AP mode used with a FiOS router that has worked flawlessly since installation last year.  Device Manager of my iOS orbi app has always faithfully listed all devices, but the toggle for allow/block Internet Access for every device is grayed out.  Is there anyway I can use Device Manager with my configuration to control Internet Access for each device?  Thanks in advance.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR50 CONNECTED TO FIOS ROUTER: DEVICE MANAGER LISTS BUT DOES NOT ALLOW BLOCKING OF CONNEC

@JohnEndopax wrote:

Hi,

I have an orbi RBR50 router--FW V2.5.1.16--in AP mode used with a FiOS router that has worked flawlessly since installation last year.  Device Manager of my iOS orbi app has always faithfully listed all devices, but the toggle for allow/block Internet Access for every device is grayed out.  Is there anyway I can use Device Manager with my configuration to control Internet Access for each device?  Thanks in advance.

This web site appears to indicate that Access Control cannot be used in AP Mode:

https://kb.netgear.com/000061277/Disabled-Features-on-the-Orbi-when-set-to-AP-Mode 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series