Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Parental Controls (Device Schedules)

Netwizard17
Follower

Orbi Parental Controls (Device Schedules)

Does Netgear plan to implement Parental Controls on the Orbi like some of their competitors where you can set schedules to specific devices that disables the internet at specified times?
Message 1 of 8
Random12
Apprentice

Yes, this would be nice to have, definately one of the missing features. Just a simple interface where you can turn off internet access by IP address on a schedule.

They have some time based parental controls (where you could disable all kinds of stuff, but I'm not sure if you can turn 

https://kb.netgear.com/25687/How-do-I-configure-Live-Parental-Controls-on-my-NETGEAR-router-using-th...

I'm not sure on the details, but I think you could block almost all sites your children would find interesting at specific times (i.e. social networking like facebook, youtube, etc.), but I'm not sure that you can turn "off" the internet. 

Regards

Message 2 of 8
RegDawg
Apprentice

I just bought Orbi and was wondering if Live Parental controls are available on the Orbi? I'm trying to access this through NetGear Genie but I can't get this to work. 

Message 3 of 8
SeanYoung
Aspirant

I just bought an Orbi as well and can seem to set internet restrictions schedule on specific devices.

I had ASUS, Linksys Routes prior and had no issues with their software with settings internet schedule restrictions.

Where is this feature settings on the Orbi?

I can not find it under access control under Orbi!
I can not find it under Orbi Genie Parental control!
I can not find it under OpenDNS !

Please Help NetGear support! I have wasted so much time in this, searching online.

Message 4 of 8
SeanYoung
Aspirant

I had a typo on my previous post.

I just bought an Orbi as well and can NOT seem to set internet restrictions schedule on specific devices.
Message 5 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello seanyoung

if you want control of each specific device you will have to download the 2.1 orbi firmware and load it onto your system and use the Disney circle parental controls.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Announcing-availability-of-OrbiOS-2-1/td-p/1447612

DarrenM

Message 6 of 8
Jeffrey0707
Guide

The Orbi is one of the most expensive routers on the market, albeit with high-end functionality. Unfortunately, however, with the introduction of the firmware v 2.1.1.12, parental controls beyond basic filtering cost an additional $4.99 per month via Disney Circle  Even as I write this, I cannot believe that Netgear is expecting its customers to pay for functionality that other manufacturers include as standard.

Message 7 of 8
Bhupen
Initiate

But Disney circle is not free. It cost $60 annually for premium features. This makes this router horribly expensive.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7