× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK22

Otuis
Guide

Orbi RBK22

I M CONNECTED TO WIFI ON MY IPHONES BUT WHEN I TRY TO CONNECT  A PC OR LAPTOP IT SAYS CAN'T CONNECT TO THIS NETWORK??

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Otuis
Guide

Hi!! I was able to use option 3 and it's working great I was able to use Orbi on all my devices thank you so much for your help!!! @FURRYe38 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. to the left of the "A" key is the caps lock key. please turn it off. thanks

2. What firmware is on the router?

3. What modem are you using? 

4. What actual error is it giving you? like "connected, no internet' "invalid password'  whats actually going on? 

5. Does it work if you're hardwired into the router? 

6. Is this a new problem, was it a new install, or whats all going on? 

We're not there to see whats going on so we need more data/details to go off so we can help you. 

you can also go to netgear.com/support/   type in your model number and it'll take you to firmware, manuals, install guides, and troubleshooting. 

Message 2 of 11
Otuis
Guide

It says invalid password on both pc or laptop firmware is up to date i try to update i have a Comcast Modem and the Orbi is connected to it as I said before I am connected to internet on my iphone thru Orbi

Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

@Otuis wrote:

It says invalid password on both pc or laptop firmware is up to date i try to update i have a Comcast Modem and the Orbi is connected to it as I said before I am connected to internet on my iphone thru Orbi

1. Punctuation. Please

2. What model comcast modem? These details are key. 

3. What firmware is it? The latest isn't a number and many times it isn't "the latest" and "the latest" changes. 

4. Does a hardwired connection work?

5. Again, did something change? is this a new install? Did it work prior? You didn't go into any more details. I want to help but you need to help us so we can help you. 

Message 4 of 11
Otuis
Guide

the Comcast modem it's a  Xfinity XB6-A, it's a new install,

i did the set up this morning now it says can't connect to this network when i try to connect a laptop

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Router Combo units from ISPs. This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@Otuis wrote:

the Comcast modem it's a  Xfinity XB6-A, it's a new install,

i did the set up this morning now it says can't connect to this network when i try to connect a laptop

Message 6 of 11
Otuis
Guide

Thank you, that makes sense! So i Am probably double NAT now if i disable my Xfinity modem will I be able to watch TV? Probably not right?

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact your ISP to see what option is best for your ISP modem with out TV interuptions. 

The easiest method would be option #3...

You can try Option #2 as well. 

Message 8 of 11
Otuis
Guide

Thank you so much!! I will try one of those later today I am working from home and I have been a little busy i will let you guys know.

Message 9 of 11
Otuis
Guide

Hi!! I was able to use option 3 and it's working great I was able to use Orbi on all my devices thank you so much for your help!!! @FURRYe38 

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it's working. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements