× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK753S - Devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

randomtask
Tutor

Orbi RBK753S - Devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

I recently installed the Orbi RBK753S mesh system with one wireless satellite and one backhauled satellite and while my coverage and speeds have increased over my previous setup, I keep getting notifications from my smart devices throughout the day that they are dropping connection and re-connecting within about a minute of dropping.  I'm wondering if this may be due to the satellites passing the devices back and forth between each other or if this may be indicative of a bigger problem?  If it's a case of the former, is there a way to lock devices to a specific satellite so it doesn't get passed around and have intermittent connectivity?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
randomtask
Tutor

Thank you for that clarification!  I sort of wondered if I wasn't quite in the right place...

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series