Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 No Internet

Matt526
Follower

Orbi RBR50 No Internet

Hi! I have an Orbi RBR50 with 2 satellites. Its been working great for the past several months but the internet went out a couple of days ago. Our Internet provider gave us a modem router (AN5506-04) for our fiber connection and if we connect there, it works great.

I went on the iOS app and it shows that status is offline. But when I use the Orbi's in app Speed Test, it shows 212.15 DL and 211.29 UL, so it should be working fine.

I decided to reset the orbi system and set up a new one. It had trouble setting up at first because it mentioned that cables were connected but there was no internet connection. after reseting again twice, it confirmed the internet connection but when I set everything up, I was still experiencing the same problems with no internet.

Since reseting didn't seem to work, I'm kind of stuck. Any help with solving the problem would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 No Internet

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7