Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Speed isn't fast enough

mds818
Aspirant

Orbi Speed isn't fast enough

Hi All,

I am on Time Warner/Spectrum and use their Ubee cable modem with my MacbookPro and Orbi systen. When I had an Apple Airport Extreme, I got 300mbps + speeds but it was unstable. Now that i have the two Orbi system, it's more stable but my speed caps out at 215mbps or so. TW says I should be getting higher speeds and I agree, but Netgear charges to resolve the issue (I'm in month 4 of my purchase), so I figured I'd get advice here. I'm sure it's some setting somewhere I need to check. How can I crank this up to get the optimal speeds available?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6

hi the wan to lan speeds have been tested at

tcp - 924

udp - 406

what method are you using to test speed

have you tried disabling wwm

Message 2 of 6
tomsliwowski
Apprentice

Is your MacBook Pro hardwired or wireless? I'm assuming wireless since you mention instability on the AAE. Running iperf between my router and sattelite I get about 350Mbps. However running iperf between the router and a Linux laptop I get around 200Mbps. Keep in mind the router has a floor and a lot of plumbing in between so the speed would be hurt by that.

Message 3 of 6
mds818
Aspirant

Hi,

Using speedtest online and the app from my desktop. Havent disabled wwm but afraid to based on online feedback.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 4 of 6
mds818
Aspirant

Running it wirelessly. With my airport extreme I was getting over 300mbps, so I know it must be some setting...it's just @netgear wants to charge a minimum of $49 even though it's a month out of warranty and has been happening from the get go. 

Message 5 of 6
tomsliwowski
Apprentice

Make sure implicit beam forming and mu-mimo are enabled. The settings are in advanced->advanced setup->wireless settings.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7