Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 plus 3x RBS50v2- Satellites - loosing connections

AJ1234
Follower

RBR50 plus 3x RBS50v2- Satellites - loosing connections

I could not get consistent connection with 2 sattleites, and so after i installed 3rd RBS50 v2 my entire netwprks started acting up. I have about 26 devices on the network 2500SQ ft house -  Any ides ??? Firmware updated on all 4 devices to the latest . Rebootes the crap out of all devices. Reset all the DHCP settings... Intermittent connection loss all over , most notecible on TVs and Laptops. 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

@AJ1234, stating "latest" firmware does not tell us what version is installed.  If you are running v2.5.0.x firmware, it was retracted by Netgear after many bugs and stability issues were found. NG disabled autoupdate in recent releases due to the issues that it has caused.  I suggest manually upgrading your RBR50 to v2.5.1.8 available from https://www.netgear.com/suppzio fort/product/RBR50.aspx#download if you are not already running it on the RBR50 router and all of the RBS50 satellites.

1. Backup your settings of the RBR50 router (in case you need to restore or revert)

2. Download the zip file for both the RBR50 router and any satellites you have

3. Unzip the files

4. Manually upgrade the firmware on the satellites first using their image file

5. Finally, upgrade the firmware on the RBR50 router using the RBR-v2.5.1.8.img file

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Above suggestions working:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Throttling-Devices-RBK53/m-p/1858561/highlight/true#M81925

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? Please do this after updating FW to v2.5.1.8. Ensure you update the RBS first then the RBR lastly. 

2500 sq ft home maybe too small for the RBR and 3 satellites. Try using the RBR and 1 RBS. 

@AJ1234 wrote:

I could not get consistent connection with 2 sattleites, and so after i installed 3rd RBS50 v2 my entire netwprks started acting up. I have about 26 devices on the network 2500SQ ft house -  Any ides ??? Firmware updated on all 4 devices to the latest . Rebootes the crap out of all devices. Reset all the DHCP settings... Intermittent connection loss all over , most notecible on TVs and Laptops. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7