Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite Ethernet

stein97
Aspirant

Satellite Ethernet

Just bought the Orbi RBR750 can't say I am that happy with it. I came from Google wifi that severed my family well for 5 years. My question: I have 2 Satellite connected via Ethernet, can I use the 2nd port on the Satellite for something else or is that port only for back haul? Thanks
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Satellite Ethernet

The RBR750 is far superior. But you will only see WIFI6 performance connected to other WIFI6 devices.
You can use the port to plug in a device or switch and add hardwired devices to your network.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

The RBR750 is far superior. But you will only see WIFI6 performance connected to other WIFI6 devices.
You can use the port to plug in a device or switch and add hardwired devices to your network.
Message 2 of 4
stein97
Aspirant

Yup it works!

So all of my issues with Orbi have been with legacy wifi.

2 Lenovo Chromebooks, 1 connected without issue the other kept getting connection error. I changed the CTS/RTS to 2347 and that resolved the issue. But 2 days later the 1st Chromebook got the same IP as my Ring Door bell.

Do you make reservation for all of your devices? Think I might make another post about that.

Xbox didn't like the default DNS ip, kept complaining. Changed to 9.9.9.9 on the xbox and that issue went away.

My Lennox themostat wouldn't stay connected unless I made a reservations 

DHCP seems to be lacking....

I am still tweaking where the Satellites are in the house but coverage has been awesome.

thanks

Message 3 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

I don't make reservations for IP addresses unless needed for a certain purpose.

Make sure if you are running a 100% DHCP server, that your devices are not calling for a static IP address. This may be the issue with the doorbell and laptop, as well as other IP address issues.

With that said, we have installed entire networks configured with static IP addresses.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7