Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

xbox getting message "Stricklands Net type"

cccullen
Follower

xbox getting message "Stricklands Net type"

Help, my son's new x-box get a "strick Net type" message when we use wi-fi.  The only way it works is if we plug the x-box directly into the router.  Can anyone help up understand why we're getting this message?  My son can't keep pluging into out router because its in my room.  When he gets this message the X-Box does not work until its get direct plug in.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: xbox getting message "Stricklands Net type"

Can you check the spelling on the error message?

This sounds like the XBox has detected that the Orbi router is connected to another router, which is called a "Double NAT" and can interfere with certain types of internet gaming.

If so, there are three possible solutions:

1. Change the ISP router to "bridge" or "passthrough" mode. (The ISP tech support should be able to help you do this.)
    This solutions preserves all Orbi 'router functions' (If you are actually using any of them).
  2. Put the Orbi system into Access Point (AP) mode, which is an option on the Orbi web interface (see page 82 of the user manual)
    http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/Orbi_UM_EN.pdf 
  3. Put the IP of the Orbi in the ISP router "DMZ".

Generally speaking, Orbi owners prefer #1, then #2, then #3.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7