Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware Release Notes? 9.10.1.4

Labrat3
Star

Firmware Release Notes? 9.10.1.4

My Orbi 970 system updated its firmward this morning from 9.10.0.2 to 9.10.1.4 without issue. 

When I check the support website, it still lists the prior firmware as current. There is no announcement of the new firmware on this discussion group.  I don't see any documentation or mention of the new firmware anywhere.  Are there release notes? Is it common to push an update and not provide information on what changes we may expect?

Message 1 of 3
Yld2rob
Luminary

Re: Firmware Release Notes? 9.10.1.4

The release notes are usually found  in the download area but Netgear has not updated it yet. If they say something like "fixed issue with devices randomly dropping connection" in the new Firmware release notes, I will go and purchase the 970 again. That was my only issue with the 970. But it was a big one.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware Release Notes? 9.10.1.4

Posted:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-7-BE-Mesh-Systems/New-RBE970-RBE971-Firmware-Version-9-10...

@Labrat3 wrote:

My Orbi 970 system updated its firmward this morning from 9.10.0.2 to 9.10.1.4 without issue. 

When I check the support website, it still lists the prior firmware as current. There is no announcement of the new firmware on this discussion group.  I don't see any documentation or mention of the new firmware anywhere.  Are there release notes? Is it common to push an update and not provide information on what changes we may expect?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7