Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBE971 Firmware Version 9.12.2.1 Issues

AshDeezy
Aspirant

Hi, I just experienced the same issue on firmware V9.11.1.1_1.2.2 in the USA.  My iPhone alerted me that this network was there, showed momentarily connected to the NTGRBH_XXXXXXXXXXXX network but then switched back to my primary one. 

I just had to factory reset the RBR because I was getting super slow speeds when connected to the RBS (I think).  I did not see this network the first time I set the system up.  I changed my SSID and password as well for the first time in years just to get everything fresh again (super fun).

@FURRYe38 what do you mean by this?

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I presume up updated the RBS first, along with the RBR lastly? 

When I performed a master reset, I did it by going to the router portal 192.168.1.1 and went to ADVANCED > Administration > Backup Settings > Erase

Is that not what I'm supposed to do?  Should I have instead used the hardware reset buttons?  

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

NTGRBH_XXXXXXXXXXXX network should be accessible by anyone. It's the system wireless backhaul used by the RBR and RBS only.

If manually updating FW on any Orbi system, the RBS need to be updated first then the RBR lastly. This ensure the depended RBS get updated first, and then then can connect to the RBR after it's updated. If the RBR is updated first, and no the RBS, then there is a chance that the RBS won't re-sync and fail to connect to the RBR. 

Yes Erase button works. This send the reset command to the RBS as well. 

Outlined here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-7-BE-Mesh-Systems/Procedure-for-Factory-Reset-of-RBE970-s...

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@AshDeezy wrote:

Hi, I just experienced the same issue on firmware V9.11.1.1_1.2.2 in the USA.  My iPhone alerted me that this network was there, showed momentarily connected to the NTGRBH_XXXXXXXXXXXX network but then switched back to my primary one. 

I just had to factory reset the RBR because I was getting super slow speeds when connected to the RBS (I think).  I did not see this network the first time I set the system up.  I changed my SSID and password as well for the first time in years just to get everything fresh again (super fun).

@FURRYe38 what do you mean by this?

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I presume up updated the RBS first, along with the RBR lastly? 

When I performed a master reset, I did it by going to the router portal 192.168.1.1 and went to ADVANCED > Administration > Backup Settings > Erase

Is that not what I'm supposed to do?  Should I have instead used the hardware reset buttons?  

Message 3 of 5
AshDeezy
Aspirant

After performing master reset via the portal I was still having slow connectivity issues. I found via another post on Reddit that having a Sonos speaker connected to the Ethernet backhaul port on RBS will cause issues. Removing the speaker from that port fixed my issues and all is working well now.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Interesting. Glad you got it working. Thank you for letting us know. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7