Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK43 upload speed at 750+ mbps but download capped at 550 mpbs when wired?

Siege7817
Tutor

RBK43 upload speed at 750+ mbps but download capped at 550 mpbs when wired?

Hey everyone,

So my internet is fibre running at 1 Gbps down/750 mbps up and I am using the latest .210 firmware and when I do a speedtest I get 750+ up but only about 550 mbps down.  Is there a setting I am missing?  This is using wired of course, my wireless speeds are fine.  Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

Model: RBK44| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK43 upload speed at 750+ mbps but download capped at 550 mpbs when wired?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset of the Orbi router and setup from scratch then go in and immediately test speeds with a wired connection? Don't enable QoS, Access Controls or Traffic Meter or IPv6 on the Orbi? 

Might review these:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-RBR50-Satellite-setup-some-thoughts-and-questions/m-p/1695...
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Download-speed-cut-in-half-on-wired-connection/m-p/1695372/hig...

Message 2 of 14
ekhalil
Master

@Siege7817 wrote:

Hey everyone,

So my internet is fibre running at 1 Gbps down/750 mbps up and I am using the latest .210 firmware and when I do a speedtest I get 750+ up but only about 550 mbps down.  Is there a setting I am missing?  This is using wired of course, my wireless speeds are fine.  Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

- Do you use wired or wireless backhaul or a combination?

- What other wired devices do you have connected to Orbi?

- Is Daisy Chain enabled or disabled?

- What wireless speeds to do get?

Message 3 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Siege7817 wrote:

Hey everyone,

Message 4 of 14
Siege7817
Tutor

Yes when wired, upload is 750+ but download (which is 1 Gbps) is only 550 mbps.

Message 5 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset of the Orbi router and setup from scratch then go in and immediately test speeds with a wired connection? Don't enable QoS, Access Controls or Traffic Meter or IPv6 on the Orbi? 

@Siege7817 wrote:

Yes when wired, upload is 750+ but download (which is 1 Gbps) is only 550 mbps.

Message 6 of 14
alstsmith
Apprentice

Hi there,

This sounds suspiciously like the issue here                              ORBI used as Gateway Slower than 1GB Connection                        ...

Are you connecting with PPPoE on the Orbi?

Message 7 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

That poster mentioned: 

"RBK50 to run at 1GBS via ethernet when setup using PPOE and VLAN201. When I test the speeds with ethernet to the centurylink ZyXEL C3000Z,"

Possible same issue, those he never fully completed giving details or updated about his status. I did refer him to NG support. 

Hopefully something you can work with NG support to figure out why PPPoE is not up to speed on this protocol. 

@alstsmith wrote:

Hi there,

This sounds suspiciously like the issue here                              ORBI used as Gateway Slower than 1GB Connection                        ...

Are you connecting with PPPoE on the Orbi?

Message 8 of 14
Siege7817
Tutor

Actiontec T3200M, ISP is Telus, ONT is a Nokia.  I have no QoS, access controls or Traffic Meter or IPv6 enabled.  I will try a factory reset and see if that helps, I tested with my laptop directly to the ISP modem and get 950+ as I should but as soon as I plug the orbi into the same port it maxes out at 550 mpbs but 770+ on upload.  So definitely something with the orbi imo.

Message 9 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Does Telus use DHCP or PPPoE for the connection from the modem to there services? 

@Siege7817 wrote:

Actiontec T3200M, ISP is Telus, ONT is a Nokia.  I have no QoS, access controls or Traffic Meter or IPv6 enabled.  I will try a factory reset and see if that helps, I tested with my laptop directly to the ISP modem and get 950+ as I should but as soon as I plug the orbi into the same port it maxes out at 550 mpbs but 770+ on upload.  So definitely something with the orbi imo.

Message 10 of 14
Siege7817
Tutor

I believe it's DHCP.  How would I check it?

Message 11 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Ask your

@Siege7817 wrote:

I believe it's DHCP.  How would I check it?

ISP. If you have access to the modem then you might beable to check there. 

Message 12 of 14
Siege7817
Tutor

ISP Protocol says Via DHCP.

Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes with NG support. Check your inbox. Ask NG to capture your debug logs..

@Siege7817 wrote:

ISP Protocol says Via DHCP.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7