× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Configurationand starlink

sbbasile
Aspirant

Configurationand starlink

Good morning,
I have:
- rectangular starlink router
- ethernet adapter
- Additional wifi mesh
- Netgear ProSAFE 8 Port Gigabit Plus Switch (GS108Ev3)
- devolo CPL Magic 2 WIFI 6 kit (1 CPL LAN + 2 CPL LAN/WIFI)
My wish is to cover the rooms in wifi using the additional mesh and DEVOLO CPL sockets but also to wire a PC in Ethernet.
My questions:
what would be the best configuration?
According to the configuration, should I switch to Bypass in starlink routeur ?
Thank you in advance for your answers.

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
sbbasile
Aspirant

Actually I wish from Starlink router:
- ethernet cable to my PC via the Netgear switch
- ethernet cable to the devolo CPL Master via the Netgear switch
- the devolo CPL Master will distribute the wifi in all the rooms where a Devolo CPL wifi is connected

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Please specify exact what mesh system you have in mind. Some competitors Mesh don't support real networking.

Message 2 of 9
sbbasile
Aspirant

Hi,

It's a starlink mesh.

https://www.starlink.com/specifications

Thank you

Message 3 of 9
sbbasile
Aspirant

Actually I wish from Starlink router:
- ethernet cable to my PC via the Netgear switch
- ethernet cable to the devolo CPL Master via the Netgear switch
- the devolo CPL Master will distribute the wifi in all the rooms where a Devolo CPL wifi is connected

Message 4 of 9
schumaku
Guru

For the optional Ethernet equipped Starlink router and the optional Ethernet, I would expect things would behave like a normal network, allowing the addition of a switch and some more direct connected Ethernet devices.

Not convinced we have the critical mass of collective experience covering the Starlink network environment here in the Netgear community.

Experiencing any specific issue with the additional switch or the 3rd party PLC network devices?

Message 5 of 9
sbbasile
Aspirant

Hello,

I was wondering if it wouldn't be better to replace the Starlink router with a Netgear router because with the Starlink, there is no configuration possible. But if so, which Netgear router should I point to?

I don't have any problems with my peripherals but let's say that I would like the whole thing to work optimally and in complete safety.

Thank you

Message 6 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@sbbasile wrote:

I was wondering if it wouldn't be better to replace the Starlink router with a Netgear router because with the Starlink, there is no configuration possible.

lots of if-then-else ... permitting the Starlink router can be configured or operated on some bridge mode ...

Message 7 of 9
sbbasile
Aspirant

what is bridge mode?  Is this putting the starlink in bypass mode?

Message 8 of 9
schumaku
Guru

This is my own free wording on how a device which could serve as a "modem" in front of another router. Completely unrelated probably to the reality. Talk to Starlink or consult Starlink community areas. 

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements