× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DHCP Host

tinjaw
Follower

DHCP Host

I see that the switch can be a DHCP client, but can it be a DHCP host? I want to create a standalone network and don't want to have to add an additional device just to do DHCP assignments. (Yes, I know I can use a cheap RasPi, That also eats a port). I want to be able to have 8 laptops connect and the switch serve up IP addresses for them.

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Plus Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: DHCP Host

Hi tinjaw,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The GS108Ev3 does not have a DHCP server capability.  I suggest you the M4100-D12G switch which supports the DHCP server capability.  Kindly check pages 305-308 of the M4100-D12G administration manual here

To know more about the specifications of the M4100-D12G switch, check its data sheet here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tinjaw,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The GS108Ev3 does not have a DHCP server capability.  I suggest you the M4100-D12G switch which supports the DHCP server capability.  Kindly check pages 305-308 of the M4100-D12G administration manual here

To know more about the specifications of the M4100-D12G switch, check its data sheet here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Hi tinjaw,

Managed switch can support DHCP server, you can set ip network address pool, distribute these address to other devices.

After enable DHCP server globally, you must set network address and lease time, any other configuration what you need.

dhcp.jpg

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements