× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ECCN for GS308E

woxjm
Aspirant

ECCN for GS308E

Hello,

I need ECCN for Netgear-Switch GS308E. Can someone tell me the correct number for this switch, or otherwise telling me where I can find the correct ECCN number?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: ECCN for GS308E

5A992A
Message 2 of 4
woxjm
Aspirant

Hello,

thanks a lot for your answer. Would it be possible, to know, wherefrom you have this information ? I searched the whole netgear website to find this information. But without success. I am wondering, why netgear is not providing a list of all models and assigned ECCN numbers. For example, like Lenovo is doing it on their website (https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/compliance/eccn-hts/).

For me it's not a really customer service, to provide such informations only through the web community. Also 2 mails to "exportcompliance@netgear.com" has not been answered by netgear, although it's recommended to get in contact  with this mail address, in case of ECCN questions. As it's described here. (https://www.netgear.com/at/about/regulatory/us-customs-compliance/).

Whatever. Thank you vey much for this information and best regards.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

ECCN 5A992A is a standard classification, no rocket science or a secret.

The thing is that 99.99% of the Netgear or other vendors customers have to care about. Netgear has everything for the good sold into their respective markets. Most notably the devices are certified just for the specific markt. The trouble is for system integrators - these face that for example power supplies don't come with the relevant markings for export markets, or wireless device are not freely deployable for example from the FCC to other regulatory domains. Curious, what for you required the ECCN number for?
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements