× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS408EPP Link Aggregation with D8500 not possible?

AlbNet
Apprentice

GS408EPP Link Aggregation with D8500 not possible?

Hello,

I bought an Easy Mount GS408EPP switch and a D8500 modem/router.

Is there a way to configure port aggregation between them?

This was one of the reasons I bought this switch but it seems to support static link aggregation only while the D8500 seems to require LACP only. Any chance for port trunking?

Thanks for your help

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS408EPP Link Aggregation with D8500 not possible?

Hi AlbNet,

You are correct. The switch only supports link aggregation but not LACP. Your switch does support trunking but your D8500 does not support it. The only way that we can work on it is to replace the switch with a Smart Switch the supports LACP. There is no way that we can aggregate the two unless you replace one of your devices. I may advise you to open a chat / case online on NETGEAR Support so that you can take advantage of the 90 days free support.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS408EPP Link Aggregation with D8500 not possible?

Hi AlbNet,

You are correct. The switch only supports link aggregation but not LACP. Your switch does support trunking but your D8500 does not support it. The only way that we can work on it is to replace the switch with a Smart Switch the supports LACP. There is no way that we can aggregate the two unless you replace one of your devices. I may advise you to open a chat / case online on NETGEAR Support so that you can take advantage of the 90 days free support.

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements