× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS724Tv4 sntp configuration problem

mipro
Follower

GS724Tv4 sntp configuration problem

Hi all

I have the problem with enabling SNTP on all of mine 8 Switches GS724Tv4.

I have added an SNTP server on System>Management>Time>SNTP Server Configuration added gateway address as you can se on the attached screenshot. DNS is enabled

I set the clock source on Time Configuration to SNTP, and no matter if i set client mode to Unicast or Broadcast, after i click Apply the page refreshes and the setting is set back to Local. 

I did all steps from below topics but without success:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-Click-Switches/Time-Configuration-problems-on-a-GS724Tv4...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-Click-Switches/Time-Configuration-problems-on-a-GS724Tv4...

Of course all of the switches are workin on newest software: 

Model: GS724Tv4|ProSafe 24 ports Gigabit Smart switch
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS724Tv4 sntp configuration problem

@mipro,

Since it is happening on all 8 GS724Tv4 switches that you have and seems you have already exhausted the troubleshooting steps, I advised you to open a  support ticket with NETGEAR Support.  Kindly state your concern and gave the link to this forum thread.  The support ticket might get escalated to the engineering team for further investigation. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Catch-21
Initiate

Re: GS724Tv4 sntp configuration problem

I eventually sorted it out using this post. There's a bug in the UI where if you hit Apply it DOES take and process the change from local to SNTP, it just doesn't immediately show it. Once it goes out to get the time for the 1st time depending on polling interval, it will then update the UI too. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements