× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS752tpv2 Resetting PoE device, Security Camera losing connection

Brad_WDC
Aspirant

GS752tpv2 Resetting PoE device, Security Camera losing connection

We have a number of GS752TPv2 switches connected to bins of PoE security cameras (40 cameras per bin, all connected to a single GS752TPv2 switch).

We are having frequent camera disconnection events in which the PoE IP camera will drop off the network, disconnecting it from the SVR/NVR unit that is recording video. Then after a few seconds or minutes, the network connection will be restored and the SVR/NVR unit will resume it's recording.

This is happening with a large number of switches in our environment (we have 90+ Netgear PoE switches, a mix of GS752TP and GS752TPv2, with a few TP748Tv4/5).

The only lead I have is from the Tech Support log from the v2 switches. The line below appears repeatedly (with varying ethernet port numbers):

"[PoE DBG] Resetting GigabitEthernet3, with mode 3. LLDP request power is 0 now."

I need some assistance with this issue.

Is the PoE reset causing our camera drop outs?

Is this line a red herring?

Is there some specific issue with these switches and IP cameras that I'm not aware of?

Some tech details:

GS752TPv2 Firmware Version : 6.0.6.3

All cameras connect to a GS752TPv2

All GS752TPv2 switches are connected to an unmanaged 24 port switch then to a GS308t.

All SVR/NVR units are connected to the unmanaged 24 port switch.

Traffic flow would be:

camera <--> GS752 <--> 24 port <--> SVR/NVR

or

camera <--> GS752 <--> 24 port <--> GS308t <--> 24 port <--> SVR/NVR

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS752tpv2 Resetting PoE device, Security Camera losing connection

Hard to imagine an LLDP does out of the blue request no power. More likely the PD ethernet link is interrupted, crashing, restarted, whatever can lead to change the PSE to do the LLDP process, which appears to make the PSE stop providing power (level 3 -> 0, no power).

What happens on the cameras at the same time?

Camera make and model?

Message 2 of 4
Brad_WDC
Aspirant

Cameras appear to go down (turn off?) but I'm not sure if that's prior to the PoE being cut when the switch logs the PoE event.

The cameras are, for the most part, Hikvision DS-2CD2085FWD-I models with a number of others (Hikvision, Raysharp, Dahua, etc).

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Brad_WDC
Aspirant

Any other input?

Is there something I am missing that is causing these issues?

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements