× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to link three GS728TP via sfp

garaldejs
Aspirant

How to link three GS728TP via sfp

Support,

I am setting up three GS728TP and link together, i can only link 2 switches but if i connect the third switch, via SFP, the third switch is not able to connect to the two switches. I used LAG open the 4 sfp ports but still no communication

please help if you have solution or do you have steps how to link the three switches together. Anyway using ethernet, the three switch able to see each other.

TIA,

James

Model: GS728TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (190W)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
garaldejs
Aspirant

Re: How to link three GS728TP via sfp

Hi Kurt,

Closed the issue, i figured out how to connect the switches using the sfp.

thank you for the hint anyway

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Smart / Plus / Click Switches - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@garaldejs wrote:

I used LAG open the 4 sfp ports but still no communication

James,

This is either a much to short explanation of what you have configured - or if you configued one LAG spanning the four SFP+ ports and intend to use two and two connections it might be simply wrong. 

-Kurt

Message 3 of 5
garaldejs
Aspirant

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for the reply, i am newbee in the netgear switches, can you help to suggest how can i link the three gs728tpv2 via sfp.

what are the steps that i have to follow to make it work.

thank you

Message 4 of 5
garaldejs
Aspirant

Hi Kurt,

Closed the issue, i figured out how to connect the switches using the sfp.

thank you for the hint anyway

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements