× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

JGS524PE ARP and Verizon CR1000a Router

ducs4rs
Tutor

JGS524PE ARP and Verizon CR1000a Router

I did a FIOS upgrade to 1G and since I was having issues with the CR1000a router and my Netgear JGS524PE switch. I took some time today to troubleshoot the issue. I have a Vyos router I used for testing and ran tcpdump to see if there was anything of interest. I bounce the port on the JGS524PE connected to the WAN interface of the VZ router which is connected to Vyos, For about 5 minutes things work, I can see ARP requests from the VZ router to the Vyos router and all is good. After 5 minutes the ARPs from the VZ router are lost. 

For a work around I put a TP-Link switch between the VZ router and the JGS524PE port used by the router and all is good. So to draw this out

Vyos <-> JGS524PE port <-> JGS524PE port <-> VZ router WAN fails after 5 min 

Vyos <-> JGS524PE port <-> JGS524PE port <-> TP-Link Switch port <-> TP Link port <-> VZ Router Wan Port, works

I have tried other devices in the port and all work OK. Its just the VZ router that has issues. Does any one have any suggestions? I think this is an issue with the JGS524PE switch and its ARP table not liking something about the CR1000a. 

If someone from Netgear is interested in troubleshooting I can post/send a tcpdump of the issue. 

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements