× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MS510TXM, firmware V1.0.5.21

tigo13
Star

MS510TXM, firmware V1.0.5.21

Updated a couple of switches to this new firmware V1.0.5.21 from 1.0.5.17, and within 72 hours, each switch suddenly failed. Am running multiple VLANs, and all of a sudden the VLANs would stop working. The switch would become inaccessible - (web-browser would not connect) and I'm unable to ping the switch (on it's subnet).

Unplugging the power cable from the Switch for a couple of minutes, and plugging it back in - everything is back to normal and functioning.

Will there be another release coming up to resolve this? - I'll keep this firmware running for a few more days, and the next incident of this hiccup - will have to revert to the previous firmware. I had previous firmwares running for a good 6+ months without a hiccup.

Message 1 of 12
schumaku
Guru

Re: MS510TXM, firmware V1.0.5.21

Same for any kind of network equipment - no matter which brand: Always run a syslog server, recording the complete syslog trace. So you might have an idea what went wrong, and don't have to query the crystal ball.

Message 2 of 12
tigo13
Star

Unfortunately, the syslog server was only capturing informational notices at the time, and they didn't shed any light on things. I've switched it across to debug. So far, it's been 3 days without another hiccup for 1 switch, and the second switch only 2 days. If nothing happens in the next 7 days, I'll switch the log back to information, and consider the whole thing to be just an odd hiccup with the firmware.

My initial message here - reporting it and asking for assistance - was also to assess if others have had a similar thing to happen.

Message 3 of 12
tigo13
Star

Another crash happened earlier today whilst out. Nothing noted on the syslog server about the crash. My conclusion is the firmware is buggy! Reverted back to 1.0.5.17.

Will wait for a future version....

Message 4 of 12
NAhDA
Initiate

I’m seeing the exact same symptoms here. First locked up on Sunday 4/21, 2nd occurrence today 4/24. I have now rolled back to the previous firmware (V1.0.5.17) which I too found to be very stable..
Message 5 of 12
schumaku
Guru

Have to join this club, too. Switch remained operational basically, but loosing the admin Web UI. Re-activated v1.0.5.17 from the dual flash. Nothing in the syslog data collection, except of the traces from the subsequent reboots.

Message 6 of 12
Re7r0s
Initiate

Exactly this.

Lost GUI/management functionality. 

Reboot fixes it for 2-3days and then breaks again.

Rolled back to .17

Message 7 of 12
RennaD
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this. We will check this internally and keep you updated on any developments.

Have a lovely day,
RennaD
NETGEAR Team

Message 8 of 12
ActITDepartment
Initiate

We have the same problem.  We are running two different sites and each site has two MS510TXUP switches.  These are running NETGEAR AP's.  The site with the most traffic lasts about 5 days before both switches crash while the other site makes it about 7 days.  We just finished rolling back to .17 of the firmware until a fix is published.

Message 9 of 12
ShadowMario3
Apprentice

Same issue here. Updated only one of my MS510TXM switches back on Wednesday evening once I heard of this issue. It seemed to be running well just a few minutes ago where I noticed that I could no longer access it. Luckily the switch is still working since I can access my computer remotely, but I'll need to roll back the firmware as well.

Message 10 of 12
schumaku
Guru

Check the other Flash, dual-boot. Just change boot to the other, older version.
Message 11 of 12
tcarste
Aspirant

MS510TXUP, firmware V1.0.5.21

Just like everyone else, firmware V1.0.5.21 works for about 3 days. Then you have to pull the plug and reboot to get everything to work again.

Going to downgraded switch to 1.0.5.17 to get stability, just like everyone else.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements