× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Management VLAN on a good old FS726T

ubiq1er
Tutor

Management VLAN on a good old FS726T

Hi,
Just inherited a good old FS726T 24 ports Switch.
I created some VLANs on it, but I couldn't find a way to define a management VLAN.
Therefore, I can access to the Switch Web Managment page from any VLAN, provided that I know the switch's IP ans that I access it from the right IP range.

First, I thought that the default VLAN (1) would be the Management VLAN, but that doesn't seem like the case.
Is there a page listing the firmware revisions (maybe that has been adressed at some point) ?
Link to the manual : https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/FSxxxT_GSxxxT_smartswitch_UserManual.pdf

According to this Data Sheet, p.7, Configurable Management VLAN is available on FS726T  : https://docs.rs-online.com/71f3/0900766b81427647.pdf

Thank you.

Model: JFS726|ProSafe 24 Port 10/100 Rackmount switch with 2 gigabit ports
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Management VLAN on a good old FS726T

The data sheet linked does describe the later FS726T-200xxx (FS726Tv2) model - here for your reference (not that it answers your question I admit) the FS726T-100xxx (FS726Tv1) Data Sheet.

FMI the support links for both models:

FS726T – ProSAFE Smart Switch 

FS726Tv2 – 26 ports Fast Ethernet Smart Switch 

Message 2 of 4
ubiq1er
Tutor

Ok, thank you for the precision about the DataSheet (that was actually a v2 Data Sheet).
As I find absolutely nothing about a Management VLAN for the FS726T v1, I think I can assume there is not such a feature for this model.
=> I guess I will have to choose an even stronger password to protect the Web Access Page.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Be aware these FS726Tv1 systems are EoL for a long time, even the FS726Tv2 systems are EoL for around half a decade already. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements