× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear XS712T v2 socket xg12 "detach"

Cityrunner
Follower

Netgear XS712T v2 socket xg12 "detach"

I hope someone on this discussion board can help.

I have a Netgear Prosafe XS712T v2 network switch that supports a mixture of 10Gb/s devices connected to rj45 sockets xg1 to xg10, and an SFP+ device on socket xg12.  Two weeks ago, I started to receive warning messages from the SFP+ connected device (SFP+ socket xg12) that the connection to the network was intermittant.  This was then followed by the device being disconnected from the network altogether.  The network switch control webpage reports that socket xg12 has a "detach" link status.  I have attempted a factory reset, but socket xg12 link status remains "detach".

How can I convert this "detach" status back to normal ethernet operation ?  Or does this link status mean that the xg12 socket connection is damaged beyond resetting.

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear XS712T v2 socket xg12 "detach"

Could be the switch SFP+ slot, could be the SFP+ module, could be the link of the media connecting to the SFP+ module, ...

What-if using the other SFP+ slot #11?

Have not accidentally plugged something to the shared copper RJ45 slots #11 and #12 - what isn't supported together with the SFP module in the same numberslot - for the obvios reasons of being "shared" ports?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements