× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VLANs greyed out, cannot change

train_wreck
Luminary

VLANs greyed out, cannot change

netgear

netgear2.png

We have a Netgear GS108PEv3 that is installed at a remote office. It has a 802.1q configuration as follows:

P1,2,6 untagged ID 10

P3,4,7,8 untagged ID 20

P5 tagged 10 and 20

I am needing to change the VLAN configuration. I have browsed to the web GUI and used the "Prosafe" utility, but the option buttons in both are greyed out.

The switch is still working in its current configuration, but I need to change it. Can I recover from this, or has the switch become corrupted & require default reset?

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
train_wreck
Luminary

Re: VLANs greyed out, cannot change

Yes, I unfortunately had to go to the site & reset the switch. As of now it is working & remotely changeable, but I have to say my confidence in the future is not high....

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi train_wreck,

Let us isolate the problem.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Was it working fine before?  What I mean is, were you able to make any changes via the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility while you are remotely connected? 

b. Have you tried to reboot the GS108PEv3 switch? 

c. What is the current firmware version of the GS108PEv3 switch? 

d. What is the current version of the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility you are using?

e. Have you tried using other PC/laptop to isolate the problem?

I look forward to your response.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
train_wreck
Luminary

a. Yes I was previosuly able to change settings remotely. I had made a change a few months ago this way.

b. It has been unplugged/replugged numerous times. Each time, it boots & loads the current configuration, but the options to change settings are still greyed out.

c. Latest firmware - 2.00.08

d. Also latest utility - 2.3.19

e. Yes, multiple PCs have tried the web UI and the utility, and I also tried browsing to the web UI on an Android phone. All same result.

It is really looking like I am going to have to factory reset..... 😞

Message 3 of 7
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi train_wreck, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi train_wreck,

Just want to follow-up on this.  Are you able to perform a factory reset on your GS108PEv3 switch?  If yes, is it now working fine?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 7
train_wreck
Luminary

Yes, I unfortunately had to go to the site & reset the switch. As of now it is working & remotely changeable, but I have to say my confidence in the future is not high....

Message 6 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi train_wreck,

I'm glad that its now working fine and I understand that what you feel.  Feel free to post your future concerns here in the community. 

Since your concern is now resolved for now, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements