Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't connect to Ready Cloud (RN104) NAS access

AJ2017
Aspirant

Can't connect to Ready Cloud (RN104) NAS access

Hi

I'm wondering if someone can help with my Netgear NAS problem.....I hate the thing!!

Purchased 18months ago and never really got past the basics of setting it up (needed to get some data on it in a rush!) and only used intermittently since as a result. 

I've only got two local user accounts setup including the admin account, I can access the NAS and all shares locally. 

The issue comes when i try to use 'ReadyCloud'....If i go to turn the slide bar to the 'On' position in cloud settings I get the error 'Local user with same name already exits, change local or readycloud name' 

The readycloud account is an email address, the local account is simply a name.... 1st issue??????????????

If i log into my readycloud, it shows there's no device associated with the account, except i click 'discover' and it takes me right to the NAS on a local address.... 2nd????  There doesn't appear to be any other options on the page to 'add' a device etc etc.....plus i already did the 'discover' thing when i set the NAS up to associate it with the account (pressing the button on the NAS first to put it into discover mode etc etc....)

If i go to accounts setting in the nas and try and cloud users and try to 'invite' someone, i get 'The devies is joined to readycloud, to invite users go to readycloud'. I click the link and i'm back to where i was in point 2 above!!! ?????? No option to invite any user.

This is the most frustrating system i have used....I want to throw the thing in the bin.....except it has data on it!!! grrr

Can i do a factory reset of all settings without loosing data????

I'd really like to be able to access this from external netowrks and while at work. 

Are there any easy to follow guides for setting these things up? I've had nothing but problems from the day it came out of the box!! I work in IT so know my way around, I just find this system really awkward to use, worse after the whole 'upgrade to mynetgear' pallava... 

I've been through lots of the support pages but haven't had much luck so far. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Alan 

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

"The issue comes when i try to use 'ReadyCloud'....If i go to turn the slide bar to the 'On' position in cloud settings I get the error 'Local user with same name already exits, change local or readycloud name'", you probably had an old ReadyCLOUD username that is not in the format of an email, and had the same username created locally so it's still linked with the email. Since you know the admin account, you can try to delete that local username in the Accounts page, then try to turn on ReadyCLOUD again in the Cloud page. 

Message 2 of 4
AJ2017
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply YeZ i'll give your suggestion a go as soon as i get back. I'm assuming deleting that user account only gets rid of the 'home' folder for that account. So as long as there's nothing in there I won't loose anything. Will report back with the results, i'd love to get this thing sorted and useable. Its quite frustrating being in this continuous loop of going around those errors. 

Thanks

Alan

Message 3 of 4
AJ2017
Aspirant

Hi

I've logged in to my NAS as admin and when I look at the account section there were 2 users listed (admin, name1). When I look in the home folder there is actually 3 folders (admin, name1, email1) I've deleted name1 account and tried to turn on the 'cloud' service and it still gives the same error, which i can understand as i'm trying to log in using the email1 account and it would seem this already exists in the home folder, However its not setup as a user account and i can not delete the email1 folder within the home folder. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks

Alan

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements