Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadNAS 102 showing up as offline on ReadyCloud

lubliner
Aspirant

ReadNAS 102 showing up as offline on ReadyCloud

I have a ReadyNAS 102.  For the last couple of months when I try to log in to Ready Cloud the ReadyNAS shows up as being offline.  I can't access the NAS on Safari, my iPhone or iPad.  However, macOS is successfully backing up to the ReadyNAS with Time Machine.

I have tried restarting the NAS several times to no avail.  Time Machine continues to work fine, but I can not access any other info on the NAS.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadNAS 102 showing up as offline on ReadyCloud

You can reset it back to password by doing an OS reinstall.   This shouldn't cause any data loss.

Instructions are on pages 20-22 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi lubliner,

What is the current firmware version of your NAS?

You may try logging in to the NAS local admin UI by typing https://<ReadyNAS IP address>, where <ReadyNAS IP address> is the IP address of the ReadyNAS. Please check if there is green check mark beside the Internet Available and Services Available fields under Cloud tab.

Welcome to the Community!

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
lubliner
Aspirant

OK, so here's the next issue.  When I type in my readyNAS IP address, it takes me to the login screen. I put admin as the username and my admin password, but it keeps telling me that my password is invalid, then it takes me to a password reset page and says that I can not reset my password at this time.

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

You can reset it back to password by doing an OS reinstall.   This shouldn't cause any data loss.

Instructions are on pages 20-22 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

Message 4 of 7
klausn
Tutor

Hi,

User: "admin" you should not use!

Please create a falid user in your ReadyNAS to use ReadyCloud and check if the Service and Internet is available on you NAS admin page.

Klaus

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@klausn wrote:

Hi,

User: "admin" you should not use!

Please create a falid user in your ReadyNAS to use ReadyCloud and check if the Service and Internet is available on you NAS admin page.

Klaus

He has to use admin to log into the NAS admin page.  And that what @JohnCM_S asked him to do.

Message 6 of 7
lubliner
Aspirant

This fixed everything!  Once I reinstalled the OS from the boot menu, everything came back up and running.  Thanks!

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements