Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready cloud access denied

j0sh
Aspirant

Ready cloud access denied

I keep getting access denied on most of my shares. My email name has read/write for everything bit still gets access denied. iPhone app and OS are both the latest. I have tried rebooting and removing and adding the account again but still no luck.
Message 1 of 22
j0sh
Aspirant

Re: Ready cloud access denied

accessing it from the website allows read/write to everything yet the same login wont work with the readcloud ios app or the macOS app...

Message 2 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello j0sh,

This ReadyCloud account that is in an email address format is the one you use on both ReadyCloud portal and app, right? Maybe you want to try tapping Clear Cache on the ReadyCloud app settings then log out and log back in.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 3 of 22
j0sh
Aspirant

Nothing...  Even tried installing it on my ipad and nothing.  Tried making a new account and logging in with it on both the app and changing readycloud on admin page and still the same thing.  

If I put everyone as read/write it will work...

I have also reset all of my permissions, and created new.  I am at a loss..

Message 4 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello j0sh,

I have some questions to ask, please see the following:

• How many ReadyCloud accounts are invited to access your NAS? 
  • This ReadyCloud account that is not seeing the shares, is this an invited user or the ReadyCloud account that has the admin rights?
  • When you said permissions, were you referring to the ReadyCloud portal or on the admin page's Share permissions?

Posting some screenshots will help, just cover the confidential information that may be captured.

Regards,

Message 5 of 22
j0sh
Aspirant

Only the single ReadyCloud Account.

It sees the shares, just when they are accessed I get "access denied" - It is the ReadyCloud account with admin.

I was trying everything, it used to work but it seems like something happend after one of the last firmware updates.

I get the same access denied when trying to access from my phone or ipad...FullSizeRender 2.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

Message 6 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello j0sh,

What did you click when you got this error message on the last screen capture you sent? Have you tried using smb:// followed by the LAN IP address of the ReadyNAS instead?

I am just wondering why it is opening shares via LAN IP address if you were trying to access the shares through ReadyCloud desktop client.

Regards,

Message 7 of 22
j0sh
Aspirant

Accessing locally with finder is no issue. 

IMG_0109.PNGIMG_0110.PNG

Message 8 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello j0sh,

What permission have you set for Documents? Can you post a screenshot, please?

Regards,

Message 9 of 22
j0sh
Aspirant

Read/Write is greyed out for the cloud user on the file access tab.  Wont allow checking the box.FullSizeRender 3.jpgFullSizeRender 4.jpgFullSizeRender 5.jpg

Message 10 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello j0sh,

Set Folder Owner and Folder Group to Everyone.

Regards,

Message 11 of 22
j0sh
Aspirant

Everyone is not an option in the drop down for Folder Owner and Folder Group
Message 12 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello j0sh,

How about put a check mark in the Everyone box from the list of names and set administrator as the Folder Owner and Folder Group?

Regards,

Message 13 of 22
j0sh
Aspirant

Don't really want Everyone to have access, but that seems to be the only way to get Readycloud working....  Seems like a great security feature.

Message 14 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello j0sh,

The "Everyone" permissions in File Access is not the same as Network Access. Network Access is for Samba, but File Access is the POSIX permissions on the file system
Typically, this is always set to "Everyone" then you use Windows to set expanded ACLS through explorer and not through the UI. So, leaving this set to Everyone does not mean you everyone will be able to access the share.

Regards,

Message 15 of 22
StephenB
Guru

@JennC wrote:

So, leaving this set to Everyone does not mean everyone will be able to access the share.

Just want to add that even without any ACL, that is the case.  Network permissions and File Permissions both need to allow access.  Usually its easier to leave file access wide open, and control access with network permissions alone.

Message 16 of 22
j0sh
Aspirant

Everyone checked under File Access, Folder Owner and Folder Group changed to admin.  Still getting access denied when trying to access from ReadyCloud ios app.

Selecting Everyone under Network Access allows it to work...  Is that what is required?

Message 17 of 22
j0sh
Aspirant

So is selecting Everyone under Network Access my only option for this to work?  Anyone want to buy a ReadyNAS 314?

Message 18 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello j0sh,

When you have admin and your ReadyCloud ticked under Network Access of the share and Allow Anonymous access is not ticked, this should allow your ReadyCloud account to access that share. On my own settings I made, I've set File Access' Folder owner and Folder Group as admin with Everyone ticked.

Regards,

Message 19 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello j0sh,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 20 of 22
j0sh
Aspirant

After updating to 6.8.0 I am now able to access with readycloud again WITHOUT having Everyone listed...  Thanks for everything stating how that was required.

Message 21 of 22
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello j0sh,

It must be just a firmware of your NAS that had problem.

I am glad that it works now. 🙂

Regards,

Message 22 of 22
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements