Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud for Mac - readyNAS 314 (RN31400)

OdetteJaycock
Aspirant

ReadyCloud for Mac - readyNAS 314 (RN31400)

Has anyone used the ReadyCloud app for an  iMac with any success?

I'm reading it's not very reliable.

I wan't to be able to use the file explorer (or Mac equivalent) to view files and not the web interface version as I find this solution slightly cumbersome.

I know the answer is to try it but I need to be able to recommend a working solution to a business owner.

Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCloud for Mac - readyNAS 314 (RN31400)

Hi @OdetteJaycock

ReadyCloud is reliable specially when you need to access your files on your NAS outside your office or home. 

You can also setup automatic Backup of your PC folders to the NAS or manage your NAS administration outside of your Network using ReadyCloud.

If you want to access your NAS data using Finder (Mac version of File Explorer) then you may want to do this steps.

Regards

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyCloud for Mac - readyNAS 314 (RN31400)

Normally you use Finder to access the NAS on the local LAN.  Macs can use either SMB (windows filesharing protocol) or AFP (an older apple protocol which is deprecated by Apple, but still in use).

ReadyCloud isn't really geared to business users, and in my opinion isn't reliable enough for a business to depend on.  I'd suggest that you see if the business already has a VPN in place.  If they don't, I'd suggest that they deploy one.  Then the employees would access the NAS (and other resources on the work network) over the VPN.

Also, backup is very important, especially if the NAS is storing files that are essential to running the business.  RAID isn't enough to keep their data safe, and they need to keep the business running smoothly even if the NAS goes down.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements