Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readycloud Upload from iOS

RooFoos
Aspirant

Readycloud Upload from iOS

Hi,

i am owning a ReadyNAS 104 on Firmware 6.6.1.

I installed and use the readycloud app on my iPhone SE. Works as it should. But am i missing something or is it just impossible to upload single Photos or files from iOS? Only a complete Photo backup to my NAS? What if i need to share Albums and Photos with others and would like to use my NAS or invite others to upload their photos to a folder on my NAS etc?

Have thought to use owncloud app but i am not as experienced on setting it up and cant imagine Netgear is not providing an "upload service" from iOS or Android. Why? A friend showed me it doing it easily with his "scientology" NAS and dedicated app. 😉 Do i need to switch?

best regards from Austria

RooFoos

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readycloud Uoload from iOS

Hello RooFoos,

Here's an article how to invite users to access a share of your NAS. Only the ReadyCloud account that has admin rights can set if the invited user will have read only or read/write permission to the share.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
RooFoos
Aspirant

Hi Jenn,

thanks for your reply. Actually this is working well. But its not my point. Unfortunately the iOS App grants access to shared folders but no uploads, edits, create new folders possible and that is a pitty... It should be possible to add this function without needing to buy 3rd party add ons... 

Regards

RooFoos

Message 3 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello RooFoos,

What I know is there is an option of Media Backup. I personally use Android and in Android system it has an option to share a single file with an app like ReadyCloud. On iOS I believe one should allow the app (ReadyCloud) to access the photos during the installation and setup, assuming you are trying to upload a photo.

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements