× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5.3.5. T-19 HTTP Web Server issues

philbone
Aspirant

5.3.5. T-19 HTTP Web Server issues

I am trying to have my NV+ V2 configured as a web server.
I have created a share called "website"
I have re-booted the machine but a cannot get the share to show up in the pulldown menu under services > HTTP > "redirect default web access to this share" The only option in that pulldown is "nothing selected"

ALSO - I am unable to drag and drop any files (such as an index.html file) to the share in my finder as the folder cannot be modified. I am using and Apple MBP with lion 10.7.3 and using the AFP protocol on the ReadyNAS

Am I missing something?

thanks

Phil
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: 5.3.5. T-19 HTTP Web Server issues

You need to configure the share for read-only everyone access. You may also need to empty your web browser cache (e.g. Temporary Internet Files in IE or Safari > Empty Cache in Safari).

Seems this feature is still broken in the current beta as despite allowing anonymous access in the Dashboard the http redirect doesn't work and when I attempt to connect to the share I am required to enter login credentials.
Message 2 of 3
philbone
Aspirant

Re: 5.3.5. T-19 HTTP Web Server issues

Thanks for checking - yes, it does seem broken.

I have noticed that if I enter the local address 192.168.x.x/website it will show the contained index.html file, but only in Firefox and not in Safari or IE.

I hope that HTTP access may be fixed in the final release.

Phil
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements