× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

6.3.3-T115 Display is OK and UI VERY fast Readynas Pro 6

ovidiu
Aspirant

6.3.3-T115 Display is OK and UI VERY fast Readynas Pro 6

I moved from the 6.2.3 (afteer a scary USB recovery) to the suggested
6.3.3 T-135 (beta 3)
What I noticed was that the UI, regardles if it was on Firefox on PC or on Mac on Safari became at least twice as responsive.
It's nearly distinguishable in loading speed from a fast web page.

And the OLDE display does not have funny things showing as far as I noticed.

But the big thing that impressed me was the really snappines of the UI. Feels nearly as hardcoded from just a 6.2

Great and impressive job. Is it the new kernel tweaks that improve on the handling of page memory ?

Brilliantly done. I did not imagine such a jump in fluency movement in the interface just through a simple iteration of a firmware update
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: 6.3.3-T115 Display is OK and UI VERY fast Readynas Pro 6

The new kernel certainly should improve performance a bit. One of the reasons to move to this kernel was that this kernel was for that.

Not sure whether it could all be put down to that or not, but certainly it's nice to hear that 6.3.3 Beta 5 is working great for you.

The web admin interface is a low priority process so if other services are putting less load on the system than before that may help explain the increased performance you observed.
Message 2 of 3
ljung
Tutor

Re: 6.3.3-T115 Display is OK and UI VERY fast Readynas Pro 6

Is the arm version getting ready for beta test too soon?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements