× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

6.5.0-T322 Snapshot Oddity...

StephenB
Guru

6.5.0-T322 Snapshot Oddity...

Prior to the update, my RN202 was running 6.4.2.  The shares using snapshots indicated that the months of snapshot protection was 4 months.

Post-update, I set up a custom snapshot schedule for all shares that use snapshots - with three months of retention.  For some shares, the older snapshots seemed to be immediately deleted.

However, there were several shares where this did not occur.  I went into recover, and found that there were monthly snapshots going back to 10/31/2015 (older than 4 months of course).  I think the older snapshots were created with 6.3.x firmware, and that there may have been a snapshot migration issue when I went to 6.4.x.  

I manually deleted the older ones for some of these shares.  Tomorrow I'll check the others to see if the snapshots > 3 months old are deleted, and post back.

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: 6.5.0-T322 Snapshot Oddity...

@StephenB wrote:

I manually deleted the older ones for some of these shares.  Tomorrow I'll check the others to see if the snapshots > 3 months old are deleted, and post back.

They were deleted.

Message 2 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There was a snapshot upgrade issue going from 6.1.x to newer firmware. I'm not aware of any other similar issue.

Did you happen to download the logs before you started deleting snapshots?

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@mdgm wrote:

Did you happen to download the logs before you started deleting snapshots?

Not right before, but I may have some older ones.  If I do, I'll PM you.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements