× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Concurrent use of ReadyCloud & ReadyNAS Remote

Sandshark
Sensei

Concurrent use of ReadyCloud & ReadyNAS Remote

This has me concerned:
•ReadyNAS Remote clients for the PC have been replaced by ReadyCLOUD client apps. The new clients will support the advanced syncing options as well as backup content from your PC to your ReadyNAS.

So, if you have a mix of old (RAIDiator) and new (ReadyNAS OS) systems, will ReadyCloud and ReadyNAS Remote be able to co-exist on a single client computer (if not in 6.2 beta, then in final)?
Message 1 of 4
RVTJR
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCloud & ReadyNAS Remote

Sandshark,

The readycloud app works only with 6.2.0 firmware. I installed the new readycloud app and it uninstalled the old readynas remote first. So you lost the readynas remote app in the process.

The readycloud app was able to see the two NAS devices (6.1.9 and 6.2.0) but it is not connecting to the 6.1.9 NAS. No problem connecting to the 6.2.0 NAS. I am using the official released 6.2.0 so I guess the answer to your question is NO.
Message 2 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyCloud & ReadyNAS Remote

Wow, that sounds like some really poor planning unless there is going to be a ReadyCloud compatible add-on for the older systems. Not only has Netgear alienated the users of the older systems by not offering (at least officially) an OS update for the older systems, but now they also want to restrict interoperability of the old and new.
Message 3 of 4
smartwombat
Aspirant

Re: Concurrent use of ReadyCloud & ReadyNAS Remote

Yeah, I feel the same way.
I will be cut off from my 3x NV+ at home
If I install ReadyCloud to access the 516 at work.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements