× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Login loop av 6.10.5 Beta1 upgrade. Readynas212

Cheat_Codes
Aspirant

Re: Login loop av 6.10.5 Beta1 upgrade. Readynas212

where should I send them log files ?

Message 26 of 33
StephenB
Guru

@Cheat_Codes wrote:

where should I send them log files ?

Upload the full log zip file to cloud storage (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive,etc)

Then send a private message (PM) to @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V that includes a download link (and obviously some text that outlines why you are sending them).  Don't post the download link publicly.

You send a PM using the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

Message 27 of 33
Stevep99
Guide

Hi

I've tried the USB boot with 6.10.4 but it just booted with 6.10.5 again.

If I factory do i need hard drives in ? I don't ideally want to loose whats on them.

Message 28 of 33
StephenB
Guru

@Stevep99 wrote:

I've tried the USB boot with 6.10.4 but it just booted with 6.10.5 again.

Some options are here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta/Beta-firmware-broke-web-interface-6-10-5-T11-Beta-1/m...

Message 29 of 33
Sandshark
Sensei

You should be able to do a USB recovery followed by an OS re-install and go back to 6.10.4.  If the OS on the drives is a different revision than that in the flash, the higher one wins with a standard boot.  So in your case, you end up back at 6.10.5 from the drives.  Also, if you boot the unit with no drives and an Ethernet connection with Internet access, it may also update the flash to 6.5.10.  I don't know if they all do that now (and they absolutely shouldn't, but it just happened to me), but it's a possibility.

I've not done that downgrade process with 6.10.5 to 6.10.4, but I did on another version some time back just as a test.

The best thing would be to do this on a spare drive first to insure everything is fine, then swap in the original drives and again do an OS re-install to those drives.

Message 30 of 33
Nibbles0522
Aspirant

OK, So I followed the instructions in Stephen B's post of 2021-05-26 and was able to re-flash my RN104 with OS-6.10.4 and the login loop was fixed. I then upgraded to Stable release 6.10.5 and all appeared to be OK i.e. no login loop, until I attempted to install the Plex App. The App began to install, but after downloading and part-way through installation, the  web-UI reverted to the login screen and I was back in the login loop. So there appears to be something very wrong with OS-6.10.5 'Stable'  as well as with the Beta version.

I am going to downgrade again to 6.10.4, install Plex at that OS vesion and. if there are no problems,

attempt the upgrade to 6.10.5.

I will update with progress.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 31 of 33
Stevep99
Guide

So I've had communication with Netgear support, they've recreated issue and have passed to engineering to investigate. fingers crossed a proper fix soon

Message 32 of 33
Tonymoon
Aspirant

This may sound odd but I have been having this problem for weeks. I found that if I enter my sign in details and then minimize the sign in window, when I maximize the window a minute or so later I am logged in with no loop. Go figure.

Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements