× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost a Directory using 4.1.9

eea123
Aspirant

Lost a Directory using 4.1.9

We upgraded our ReadyNAS Duo (256Mb RAM w/ 2-1TB HDs)from 4.1.7 to 4.1.9 on July 16th. Everything seemed to be good until this morning. First, one of our ArcGIS database files went "missing" from the server. We restored the datalink to another Microsoft Access mdb file and was back up and running. Then this afternoon an entire directory with 2.5Gb of data went missing, which I restored from USB backup.

I don't think it is user error given that it happened twice in the same day. Both issues happened on other users' machines, but I could verify the loss of the major subdirectory from my machine.
Message 1 of 3
eea123
Aspirant

Re: Lost a Directory using 4.1.9

Is this a sign of the 4.1.9 bug reported in the 4.1.10 beta?

Bug Fixes since RAIDiator 4.1.9
1. [T3] Fixed share directory ownership reset issue.
Message 2 of 3
techman05
Guide

Re: Lost a Directory using 4.1.9

My thought says no but if you backup and go to 10 and it doesn't happen again that would be a positive.

The way I had it I lost access to the entire share and remade a new one not being sure what to to at that point.

Have you tried making sure your drives are doing well or that some code on your software using to access isn't missing something. My duo v1 has an option your supposed to set if your accessing certain data from it "Enable fast cifs" that seems a close solution to try.

Enable fast CIFS writes. This option allows for optimal write performance by enabling aggressive write-back caching for CIFS transactions. Do not enable this option if shares on this device will be used by multi-user applications (i.e. Quickbooks) where synchronized writes are necessary to keep files in sync.

Hope you get further towards your solution.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements