× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN314 locking up on 6.3.3 Beta 3

esbiete
Aspirant

RN314 locking up on 6.3.3 Beta 3

Hi,

my NetGear is RN314, used in a corporate office, and from last weeks/months I'm observing the behavior described in many entries in this post. Two weeks ago I applied beta 3 and now it’s more stable (only locked once last week). Before firmware 6.2.x everything was fine. Usually it happened when there’s much netbios traffic due to one user copying many files. Once locked up, server is still accessible by FTP. Before beta 3 ssh access was sometime compromised, not now.

I was to try beta 6 but it seems some had problems accessing web interface later, so I will wait. Also it is said only to affect ARM processors, but I'm not sure of that.

I've sent logs to see if it's the same related problem or can be something else.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN314 locking up on 6.3.3 Beta 3

Split your post into a new thread to make it easier to follow.

Please try Beta 6. If you have problems accessing the web interface after the update I can take a look.

Welcome to the forum!
Message 2 of 7
esbiete
Aspirant

Thank mdgm.

This morning server was totaly locked including ftp & ssh access. After hard reset I applied Beta 6 and everything went well.

I'll keep you updated on the progress. Do not hesitate to ask if you need any detail or information.

Regards,
EB
Message 3 of 7
esbiete
Aspirant

Unfortunately it just locked up again few hours ago. Ping was responding, web interface let me put user/password but nothing else, the same that ssh interface.

I have the logs after the reboot, do you want me to send?

I'm going to install last beta, 6.6.3-T138 (Beta 7) and let you know.
Message 4 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes, please send me a fresh set of logs.
Message 5 of 7
esbiete
Aspirant

No problem, I've just downloaded them (1 day without troubles) and sent them to you.

Thanks in advance
Message 6 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Bonding is in use with a 100Mbit link. Is there a reason that gigabit is not being used? Is your switch a gigabit one?

Looks like you have some apps installed. Which ones?

There is a Beta 8 now.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements