× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 314 "ERR: Used disks Check RAIDar" #23665024

jdrainville
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 314 "ERR: Used disks Check RAIDar" #23665024

I have a ReadyNAS 314 with 4 3TB drives (with 5.8TB of data) on XRaid. It has a few apps running on it like SickBeard, SabNZBD and photoshare. All of the sudden after updating to 6.1.8 the admin page stopped coming up. It wasn't right after the update, it was a few days later. So I called tech support, and they managed a few steps and led them to asking me to reinstall the OS. Fine, I went to the boot menu and started the reinstall. About 2 minutes in I get this error "ERR: Used disks Check RAIDar". I had to leave for another appointment and couldn't continue right away, but I left it where it was and chatted back later in the evening yesterday. She took some information from me and asked me to put the unit in TechSupport mode, and there is has sat for over 24 hours....

I'm not sure what to do next because I cannot lose the data on the drives. I realize that I should back up the data, but I haven't gotten to that yet. When I moved all of the files off the other systems, I expected to get to that sooner and deleted the local copies.

I would love some help if anyone knows what to do here. My NAS code is in the case notes and the case number is 23665024 if anyone can help.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 21
vandermerwe
Master

Re: ReadyNAS 314 "ERR: Used disks Check RAIDar" #23665024

Wait for tech support to look at your unit.
It can take several days if they are busy.
Message 2 of 21
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I have added a note to your case referring to this thread.

Do you have somewhere your data can be copied off to in case support suggests that?

I would suggest having somewhere ready.
Message 3 of 21
jdrainville
Aspirant

I can make space available to move the stuff off. That is a good suggestion. Thanks.
Message 4 of 21
jdrainville
Aspirant

Thanks mdgm. Is there any way to tell how far back I am. Waited another day and still no contact.
Message 5 of 21
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Just had a look at your case and contacted the L3.

Edit: He is working on it
Message 6 of 21
jdrainville
Aspirant

Thank you! I also picked up 2 4TB drives if I can get enough access to back the data up. If not, I will get them up and running once it's fixed.
Message 7 of 21
jdrainville
Aspirant

I take it there is no good news yet? My unit is still in DebugMode. Is there any ideas yet?
Message 8 of 21
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I had a look at the case notes and you should have got a message to reboot the NAS into normal mode.

Can you try that?
Message 9 of 21
jdrainville
Aspirant

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't get any messages, email or phone, but I rebooted it and it appears to be working. I see it now in RAIDar working correctly. I can also see the shares correctly, but I still cannot see the admin screen. I also cannot access any of the app screens either.

Do you know what the problem was? Is there any way to get the Admin screen working again? Should I try to reinstall the OS again?
Message 10 of 21
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you access your data?

Could be best to backup your data and do a factory default.

The OS partition likely has issues, but your data should be O.K.
Message 11 of 21
jdrainville
Aspirant

I'm in the process of getting the data off now. Thanks. would a reinstall likely create the same issue? Either way, I'm getting my data off first 🙂
Message 12 of 21
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It appears there was a major issue with your OS partition which might not be fixed by an OS Re-install. So it would be best to backup your data and do a factory reset, then restore your data from backup if possible.
Message 13 of 21
jdrainville
Aspirant

So, I successfully got all of the data off - that was a task, I couldn't get more that 6MB/sec transfer rate, but oh well, it's safe.

I reset to factory defaults and the NAS showed up on RAIDar, but then after teaming the NICs, they no longer show up, is that typical? I know the subnets are the same, so now I'm too nervous to put my data and apps back. Should I be concerned?
Message 14 of 21
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

An OS Re-install would reset the network settings, but leave data intact.

After you get the NAS back, could you download the logs and email them to me (include a link to this thread and/or your case number): http://readynas.com/kb/faq/misc/how_do_i_send_all_logs

I will attach them to your case for you.
Message 15 of 21
jdrainville
Aspirant

I'm not sure that I get it, does teaming the NICs cause an issue with RAIDar? I am having no other issues, transfer speed is as high as 100MB/s on multiple threads.

I am using transmit load balancing.
Message 16 of 21
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Ah. If you simply reboot the NAS does it appear on RAIDar again?
Message 17 of 21
jdrainville
Aspirant

Reboot fixed it. I guess I just got to restoring it and never rebooted. Thanks.
Message 18 of 21
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Glad that fixed it.

On the NAS unit and also on switches (if using LACP) a reboot may be necessary for a change such as enabling/disabling teaming to fully take effect.
Message 19 of 21
jtj808
Aspirant

I have the same problem with my NAS 314 unit.  Please advise.

Message 20 of 21
StephenB
Guru

This is a long dead (and rather long) thread.

Please start a new one, providing your information (what firmware you are running, what disks you are using, anything you might have been doing when the problem began.

Thanks.

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements