× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS OS 6.10.0 Hotfix 2

givememynamebak
Luminary

ReadyNAS OS 6.10.0 Hotfix 2

Hey guys, within a few days after upgrading my Pro6 with 6.10.0 Hotfix 2, appears to be reporting reporting that I am out of space for the first time. Am I really out of space from the below photos? Is there a more recent version of 6.10.0 or is Hotfix 2 the latest available?  And if this is a defect, Is this on the "fix list"?

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 7.31.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-10 at 7.28.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-10 at 7.34.54 PM.png

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS OS 6.10.0 Hotfix 2

Somehow you ended up with a bunch of partially filled BTRFS chunks.  So the free space was there (as reported by df), but wasn't actually available to the file system.   Running balance and scrub consolidated the chunks (you can think of it as defragging free space), so it resolved the problem.

If you look at btrfs space, you should also run btrfs filesystem df in addition to the normal df.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
givememynamebak
Luminary

This seemed to resolve itself after I did a Balance and Scrub.  It's now back at 5.98TB free.  But I am not sure what caused it... 

Thanks!

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Somehow you ended up with a bunch of partially filled BTRFS chunks.  So the free space was there (as reported by df), but wasn't actually available to the file system.   Running balance and scrub consolidated the chunks (you can think of it as defragging free space), so it resolved the problem.

If you look at btrfs space, you should also run btrfs filesystem df in addition to the normal df.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements